01 April 2009

A Reader Asks-What brand of Boyfriend jeans do I love?


Great question. When it comes to denim, I do not believe the more expensive my pocket the better my bum looks, you shouldn't either. I'm a HUGE fan of Forever 21's denim. With f21's favorite price point of $19.80, $22.80 or $24.80, You could buy 5 pairs at Forever 21 and still not equal one pair of Citizen's or Seven's at full price. New brands, new washes come into the marketplace so rapidly it's enough to even MAKE my head spin.

Consider owning this season's boyfriend jean pictured above. You'll need a lighter wash skinny too. Yep, dark is dunzo for now. BUT you should still continue to wear your dark denim trouser for work. These three pairs will move you seamlessly through for less than $75 bucks.

Style tip-F21 is non descript about branding and pockets. Thank God. Longer lasting style for you. Fit matter's not expensive marketing.

Double style tip- The same reader also asked what to wear with your boyfriend jean. Of course, your boyfriend! Seriously It's the one staple for your wardrobe that will give you the quickest update. I always say-new friend=new party.

Triple style tip- Please-please-please don't buy more than two pairs of the same style. One for wear and one may be in the laundry. Adopt my guys attitude. WEAR EM TILL THEY WALK AWAY. At this price who cares?

Final style tip-When I'm in NY updating a career lawyer or finance gal. I shop at my favorite high end consignment store.Ina's. Then on to Sak's shoe salon - eighth floor (on sale of course). Finishing off with denim at Forever 21.

The ultimate hi-lo wardrobe. Have a few better pieces mixed in with F21 and no one will ever know it ISN'T Ernest Sewn on your bottom.

www.forever21.com

-Barbra Horowitz

2 comments:

Maxine said...

As always, excited to be styling with you today for tomorrow's 30 Haute Tips event. In the meantime, what similar power shop strategy would you use for Los Angeles?

Julie said...

THANK YOU! You just saved me quite a bit of $$!

About Me

If you could have a fashion stylist on speed dial . . .

... wouldn't it ease a lot of your anxiety? Using a personal stylist isn't just for the rich and famous. I have clients of all economic situations.

Get started today working with me, and I promise you will leave with a whole new approach to who you are and how you have been viewing your self and your body.

www.barbrahorowitz.com