06 May 2009

Kiss my lime green butt-Cynthia Rowley-Ideeli.com

Angie, Angie when will all those clouds all disappear? Angie, Angie where will it lead us from here? With no loving in our souls and no money in our coats. How bout your handbag? Any money there?

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards penned the famous Angie- well more Keith- Mick sings and we still croon "Angie" today. The plight of a love affair about to end. Sounds like the American dream. Gone baby gone!

I've been singing the same song for decades. It doesn't matter who you wear- it matters who you are. Now that you CAN'T buy big- you CAN listen. Your style strategy-shop strategically.

My money's on Cynthia Rowley's 'Angie" canvas tote featuring leather layers. I've said it before- It's a quieter time-wear a quieter bag.

Choosing canvas versus a big ol luxury bag signals confidence. Your name ain't Marc or Louis is it? Don't buy into expensive marketing campaigns. Create your own signature style. Obscurity in a handbag-so much more interesting.

Playing the mark up to mark down game-Good girl. Impulsive shopping won't pay your rent. Right Dave?

Style tip- Think of lime green as a neutralizing pop of color- just enough cool and warm hues for every item in your wardrobe.

I challenge you to take a look at a pantone color chart-LIme green will go with any color on the color wheel. Remember what I said about all those color therapists. Tell em to kiss my lime green butt.

Double style tip-Canvas has a lot of textures, the mermaidesque element of leather layers sets this bag apart. You're a complicated creature-let your layers show.

www.ideeli.com

-Barbra Horowitz

1 comment:

Art Space Gallery said...

I love that bag!!!

About Me

If you could have a fashion stylist on speed dial . . .

... wouldn't it ease a lot of your anxiety? Using a personal stylist isn't just for the rich and famous. I have clients of all economic situations.

Get started today working with me, and I promise you will leave with a whole new approach to who you are and how you have been viewing your self and your body.

www.barbrahorowitz.com