24 February 2009

At least Style happened after the Oscars.

I don't know about you but this year's Oscar fashions looked more like a wedding convention than red carpet Hollywood glamour. I couldn't figure out who was the bride and who were her bridesmaid's. Usual style stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Penelope Cruz, Nicole Kidman sadly didn't deliver. Making matters worse, designer John Galliano for Frida Pinto, Prade for Jessica Beil and Rodarte for Reese Witherspoon created dresses much more suited for the runway than the red carpet.

If you read my blog regularly you know I love to write about Marisa Tomei. This cute, sassy, sexy actress 9 times out of 10 rules the red carpet. If Versace had created Marisa's stunning Oscar dress in old Hollywood red or this season's icy grey, Marisa would have won best-dressed all evening long. These days an award as coveted as the golden statue.

The evening thankfully wasn't a total bust. Marisa a devotee of Indy designers chose to wear after the Oscars, CFDA nominee and my good friend Juan Carlos Obando. Thanks JC for giving me ONE dress I could get REALLY happy about. The nude palette paired with strong color blocking and slight asymetrical shoulder were fresh, innovative and the RIGHT dress for Marisa's tiny frame.

Style Tip-When hiring a stylist or trusting your best friend, don't be afraid to double check their opinion. If you're having professional pictures or video taken on a very important evening, Shoot both film and video beforehand. What is right for camera may not be right for film.

No comments:

About Me

If you could have a fashion stylist on speed dial . . .

... wouldn't it ease a lot of your anxiety? Using a personal stylist isn't just for the rich and famous. I have clients of all economic situations.

Get started today working with me, and I promise you will leave with a whole new approach to who you are and how you have been viewing your self and your body.

www.barbrahorowitz.com